Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lots of driving, Tons of yummy food, One big family...Thanksgiving 2008







Ian and I just shared our first Thanksgiving as a married couple. It was sooo much fun. We decided to drive south to Redding, California to spend the holiday with my two sisters and their families. We left on Wednesday afternoon at around 4pm...and hit big time traffic. Needless to say it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to Lacey which would normally take under ONE! But after that things speeded up and we made it their at 2:30am EXACTLY (I totally won the bet, Ian had guessed 2am and I had guessed 2:30...and as soon as we saw the redding sign it was precisely 2:30am...not that I would ever rub it in or anything) ! We spent thanksgiving day at the Bonnins (kevin and jenny's friends) and Breanna, Pete, Allie, Michael, Alex, Kevin, Jenny, Kacia, Rylin, Lincoln, Ian, myself and the bonnin's shared a great thanksgiving meal filled with lots of kids and laughter! Ian and I played with the kids outside, taking turns pushing them on the swing and playing with them in the leaves. The rest of the week, we spent lots of time just hanging out and relaxing. I was able to see my good friends (Tessa and Bryn), share time with my sisters and eat some In N' Out!!! yum. Jenny's kids look bigger everytime I see them...they are all soooo cute! And Allie finally passed me up on her height. Now my 12 year old niece is taller than me....depressing I know. Haha I cut a lot of hair on my vacation too...Allie, Michael, Alex, Kevin, Kevin's dad, Tessa's sister and Kacia. It was tons of fun. But, its good to be home and get ready for christmas. I set up our little Charlie brown christmas tree today and suprised Ian with a few christmas decorations to make our little apartment look somewhat festive! Overall, the trip was great and it was definately good to see all of my family!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

We had a blast too! Thanks for taking the time to drive down and see us! Until next time...

My name is Breanna... said...

Thanks for driving down! It was great to see you both!

Megan Bonnin said...

Yeah, we loved spending time with you guys! You're welcome anytime!